While the holiday season descend upon Tulsa, Oklahoma, like every other part of the country, if the football team is doing well, they may barely notice the leaves turning color and the temperature dropping. Forgive the out-of-state relatives if they take you for a Boomer Sooner fan-or send them some fruit cake as a means of getting even. But when you get some time to pull yourself away from the television, radio and local sports authority; you will want to know what your options are for getting shopping down.
Holiday decorations are not just for Halloween, but there are plenty of decorations made to celebtrate Christmas, Kwanza, Chanukah, and if you have a crazy Scottish neighbor, you might even see a kilt appear for St. Andrew’s Day. So when the football is over and you need to get out of the house and get the shopping done, what are your options?
Tulsa, Oklahoma residents definitely live out of driving distance for the Mall of America, so it is probably good to rule that out. While online stores like eBay, Amazon.com, and Overstock offer great opportunities and deals to buy Christmas gifts for everyone, they are not the best place to find actual Christmas and holiday decorations. So what does Tulsa, Oklahoma have to offer?
First, let’s skip over the obvious choices. It is likely, everyone reading this knows they can go shop at Wal Mart, Kohls and Target to get just about anything they want or need, especially if it is a Super Wal mart, and the same can be said about Target and Super Target. In addition, you do not go online to find out about the mall that is just a few miles from you. So here are some resources in Tulsa, Oklahoma that are worth checking out:
Collectibles, Gifts and Novelties
Looking for a new cookie jar or relish container? One of these spots has what you are looking for — at least we believe they will.
- Becky’s Hallmark Shop 11109 E 41st St # B. Tulsa, OK. (918) 628-1766
- Collectible Toys 14002 E 21st St. Tulsa, OK. (918) 234-4806
- Collector’s Choice Racing 9216 E Admiral Pl. Tulsa, OK. (918) 835-5855
- Cookie Jars Of Tulsa 122 S Lewis Ave. Tulsa, OK. (918) 582-0245
- Cornerstone Memories Inc 102 S 1st St. Jenks, OK. (918) 298-5962
- Emporium 4265 Southwest Blvd. Tulsa, OK. (918) 445-9201
- Fancy That 206 S Main St. Broken Arrow, OK. (918) 258-7499
- Fast Thred’s 2122 S Memorial Dr. Tulsa, OK. (918) 664-3287
- Glow Collectibles 1210 E 41st St. Tulsa, OK. (918) 743-5858
- Heartfelt Collections 4980 E 105th St. Tulsa, OK. (918) 299-9986
- I-44 Antiques & Collectibles 5147 S Peoria Ave. Tulsa, OK. (918) 712-2222
- Karen’s Classic & Collectible 701 S Main St. Broken Arrow, OK. (918) 259-9057
- Pat’s Hallmark 1105 E Kenosha St. Broken Arrow, OK. (918) 251-3116
- Perfect Touch 4932 E 91st St. Tulsa, OK. (918) 496-8118
- Postman Hallmark 6324 E Admiral Pl. Tulsa, OK. (918) 838-0573
- Rathbone’s Flair Collectibles 211 E Main St. Jenks, OK. (918) 299-2349
- Sooner Stamps & Watkins 4612 E 31st St. Tulsa, OK. (918) 749-5897
- Weldon’s Collectibles 5026 S Sheridan Rd. Tulsa, OK. (918) 622-3613
- White Bear Antiques & Teddy 1301 E 15th St. Tulsa, OK. (918) 592-1914
- Williams Cottage 6216 S 72nd East Ave. Tulsa, OK. (918) 492-7125
We found these locations using Best of Tulsa Yellow Pages.
Crafts and Craft Supplies
Crafts and Craft supplies stores in Tulsa, Oklahoma are an abundant source of decorations, decoration ideas, and everything in between to really get you rolling for the holidays. Between all the Hobby Lobby, Mardels and Michael’s Arts and Crafts locations, we know you can find something to fancy up your home or office.
- Crafters Market 9120 E 31st St # C. Tulsa, OK. (918) 622-0512
- Heart To Heart Crafters Mall 114 W Dallas St. Broken Arrow, OK. (918) 251-5484
- Mel’s Country Crafts Sand Springs, OK. 74063
- OKHandmade Art, Gifts and Crafts Sand Springs 918-629-4785
- Picket Fence 1000 N Elm Pl. Broken Arrow, OK. (918) 258-2969
- Quilted Bear 14002 E 21st St. Tulsa, OK. (918) 438-4555
- Sarah’s Arts & Crafts Designs 12640 E 31st Pl. Tulsa, OK. (918) 610-5142
- Something Unique 110 E Main St. Jenks, OK. (918) 299-3322
- Sullivan, Wayne 123 E Main St. Jenks, OK. (918) 299-0931
- Airway Variety Store 8888 E Admiral Pl. Tulsa, OK. (918) 838-1901
- Challenger N-Scale Hobbies 2230 E 56th Pl. Tulsa, OK. (918) 749-1634
- Garden Ridge 11015 E 51st St. Tulsa, OK. (918) 660-0543
- Hobby Lobby 720 W New Orleans St. Broken Arrow, OK. (918) 455-3710
- Hobby Lobby 8929 S Memorial Dr # 370. Tulsa, OK. (918) 250-5135
- Hobby Lobby Creative Ctr 5130 S Harvard Ave. Tulsa, OK. (918) 749-8736
- Hobby Lobby Creative Ctr 11205 E 31st St. Tulsa, OK. (918) 664-7064
- Jo Ann Fabrics & Crafts 5117 S Peoria Ave. Tulsa, OK. (918) 744-7621
- Mavis Craft Shop 118 W Dallas St. Broken Arrow, OK. (918) 251-9799
- Michael’s Arts & Crafts Inc 3116 S Garnett Rd. Tulsa, OK. (918) 622-8867
- Michael’s Arts & Crafts Inc 8309 E 68th St. Tulsa, OK. (918) 254-2187
- Rock Creek Emporium 2257 W Washington St. Broken Arrow, OK. (918) 451-5008
- Silver Needle 6022 S Sheridan Rd. Tulsa, OK. (918) 493-1136
- Tandy Leather Co 5010 S Sheridan Rd. Tulsa, OK. (918) 622-3996
Additional Shoppes of Interest
There are plenty of locations to start looking for holiday decorations in and around Tulsa, Oklahoma. You really just have to get out there, make a few stops and find what suits your desires best. We know of a few pretty decent locations to get some decorations for the upcoming holidays, so we thought we would share.
- Pottery Barn at Utica Square 1864 Utica Sq. Tulsa, OK. (918) 743-1512
- Pier 1 Imports at Utica Square 1926 Utica Sq. Tulsa, OK. (918) 742-1100
- Pier 1 Imports 5255 S Sheridan Rd. Tulsa, OK. (918) 663-5546
- Pier 1 Imports 9018 N 121st East Ave #500. Owasso, OK. (918) 272-4152
- Garden Ridge 11015 E 51st St. Tulsa, OK. (918) 660-0543
- Seasonal Concepts 10303 East 71st. Tulsa, OK. (918) 252-3396
Too Lazy to Light Up Your House
For many of you, storing, pulling out the lights, setting them up and making sure they stay lit for the holidays is a pain in the touche. If this is true, you could always check out Tulsa Christmas Lights, who will come out, get you setup with something beautiful and handle all the work for you!
There are plenty of resources in online yellow pages, super pages, white pages, and everything in between. We suggest you spend some time surfing around to find exactly what you are looking for. The absolute best place to get started is the wonderful Google, who can help you find local brick and mortar store locations and their online websites to help you find out if they have what you are looking for. Just in case you are new or visiting and not sure where the local Wal Marts and Target stores are, check out Yahoo! Search which we have linked up to outline their locations.